But the 8-hour workday is too profitable for big business, not because of the amount of work people get done in eight hours (the average office worker gets less than three hours of actual work done in 8 hours) but because it makes for such a purchase-happy public. Keeping free time scarce means people pay a lot more for convenience, gratification, and any other relief they can buy. It keeps them watching television, and its commercials. It keeps them unambitious outside of work.
We’ve been led into a culture that has been engineered to leave us tired, hungry for indulgence, willing to pay a lot for convenience and entertainment, and most importantly, vaguely dissatisfied with our lives so that we continue wanting things we don’t have. We buy so much because it always seems like something is still missing."
—- this is my daily thoughts. I try to explain this to people at work, and they laugh at me, as though I’m weird to want a life?
please don’t delete this text
that’s just daft tbh
all of us are entering new parts of our lives now and we thought it would be really nice to celebrate on here by doing a little giveaway for all of u
- please be over 18 or have parental permission to enter this giveaway - tumblr’s rules, not ours
- it would be nice, but not necessary, for u to follow ania (earthleaf) and leaf (okmoonkid) if you like our blogs :~) (also if u wanna check out our instagrams @czuup and @leaf.deer that would be rlly nice too :^))
- you can reblog this as many times as you want / however likes do not count (but you can use them to bookmark!!)
- no giveaway blogs please, we will be checking
- we ship worldwide from hong kong - however some materials may not be allowed to be shipped to certain countries
- if you enter, please have your inbox open and be willing to let us know your address so we can ship these bad boys to you
- if you win, you will have 3 days to reply to our notice, but if you don’t then another winner will be randomly selected
- there will be 2 winners - a first place and a runner up. both will be chosen using a random generator
✿ first place will receive:
- a gem parcel, consisting of one small clear quartz point, two tumbled citrines, and one unpolished amethyst point
- either a set of tree-of-life earrings or a tree-of-life pendant
- two tealight / candle holders, handmade of teak wood
- choice of one flower tealight (in either peach, frangipani, or dok moke scents)
- choice of incense sticks (either lily or jasmine scented)
- choice of scented dried flower sachets (either lavender or magnolia scented)
- a small drawing by leaf and a mixtape based on your blog by ania
- a handwritten pressed flower card by the both of us :—)
the first place winner will have priority in choosing what scents and jewellery they would like, the remainder will be given to the runner-up
photos edited using the #EmojiWorld app, courtesy of ania’s phone
you can view examples of leaf’s artwork here
✿ the deadline is october 1st, 2014 at midnight GMT
❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾
I’ve opened up a shop on society 6 for my photographs. I’d be in love with all of you if you were to go & check it out!